Liverpool Clinical Laboratories is the largest pathology service provider in Cheshire and Merseyside, processing over 5 million sample tests each year. Our work is largely focussed on the diagnosis of disease, the evaluation of treatments and research into the causes and cures of disease.
Our high-quality clinical laboratories provide:
- Blood Sciences
- Infection and Immunity
- Cellular Pathology
- Haemato-Oncology Diagnostic Service (HODS)
What roles are available within LCL?
We have a wide variety of clinical roles available at LCL
- Medical Laboratory Assistants (MLA’s)
- Biomedical Scientists
- Advanced Practitioners
- Mortuary and Bereavement Services
- Point of Care Testing
- Clinical Scientists
We also have a wide variety of non-clinical roles including:
- Customer Care operatives
- Administrative and clerical roles
- Warehouse operatives
With a variety of roles across LCL, the qualification requirements differ from role to role. They can include but are not limited to:
- Maths and English GCSE
- A levels, BTEC or HNC (where applicable)
- RSA 3 (where applicable)
- Relevant degree (where applicable)
- Masters degree (where applicable, for example Clinical Scientists would require this)
- FRCPath qualification (where relevant)
- HCPC registration (where clinically relevant)
At LCL we pride ourselves on growing our own talent and encouraging career development for staff.
Your standard working week will be around 37.5 hours and may include a mix of shifts, such as nights, early starts, evenings and weekends. You’ll be paid on the Agenda for Change (AFC) pay system.
You’ll also have access to our generous pension scheme and health service discounts, as well as 27 days of annual leave, plus bank holidays, which increases the longer you’re in service.